Thursday, February 11, 2010

Racing towards the Exhibition Opening ...


I arrived at the Peace Village here in Mesen at 8.30am, ready to finish the last of my framing and go over the accompanying texts.

Ice was blowing through the air at speed and it felt like I imagined the Artic tundra might feel... very cold and very white.

Finished by lunchtime, it's all about waiting for the technicians to finish with spotlighting and setting up so that I can hang my prints ready for tomorrow night's opening reception.

Suddenly the exhibition is so very close. I'll leave you with a photograph of New Zealand's previous Prime Minister, Helen Clark, arriving on Flanders Fields one foggy morning, accompanied by her husband and NZ's Ambassador to Belgium.
Tot straks from the Peace Village in Mesen.

No comments: