Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Meet the Press, Flanders Fields

As a New Zealander, I find the people of the Westhoek remarkable in the way that they care for the memory of the young commonwealth soldiers who died on the battlefields of Flanders Fields.

But there are also the experiences that these guardians of the past have given me over the last 5 years. I have met historians, guides, prime ministers, curators, actors, a director, Governor Generals, some remarkable military men and woman and truly lovely everyday Belgians too.

And then there are the days where I have looked up from my work in the press area and discovered I'm alongside the 'big boys' ...

I don't think we realise how many people there are behind the scenes. I hope to introduce you to some of these people in our exhibition.

Tot straks.


No comments: